Monday 7 July 2008

Parlez-vous Français? Moi.... un peu!



Today was our first day of a three week intensive, conversational French course. It went well and both Mike & I were able to understand enough of what Dominique, our teacher, was saying for us to reply, albeit very slowly; it took some time to get the whole story out!! Mon Dieu!
We were a little disappointed to find we were the only two étudiants! We had hoped to meet some new people and expand our vocabulary! Someone is joining us on Thursday but not sure if it is for only that day or for the three weeks.
By midday my brain was scrambled and I was looking forward to lunch and a siesta!
but first...les devoirs...the dreaded homework......ages since I had any of that!! Easy- peasy -lemon- squeezy....... tomorrow I will let you know how many I got wrong!!
The weather has been 'iffy' again today....breezy and intermittent sunshine but still warm enough to wear light clothing...and it's not raining!!
We are being told frequently c'est l 'exceptionnelle...worst weather for fifty years!! C'est la vie!
A bientot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They say what keeps us young is the capacity to learn new things - I can't escape my teaching habits... Lovely to learn a new language. Good on you for trying, and how funny - the photo!

Nicos